In order for an individual to sit for the Pennsylvania State Real Estate Commission’s real estate salesperson’s exam, the individual must take and pass both the Real Estate Fundamentals and Real Estate Practice courses. Fundamentals is 30 hours in length and Practice is 45. The requirements for each course are 80% attendance and a passing grade of 70% or above. The two courses may be taken in any order; however, we recommend that individuals take the Real Estate Fundamentals first. Both Real Estate Fundamentals and Real Estate Practice are comprehensive and intensive courses that will prepare individuals for the state real estate exam. In addition, both courses require individual reading and study time throughout the course.
Fall Course Schedule 2018:
Real Estate Fundamentals (30 Hours)
Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays
September 10, 11, 13, 17, 18 & 20
October 15, 16, 18, 22, 23 & 25
Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
September 21, 22, 23, 28, 29 & 30
November 9, 10, 11, 16, 17 & 18
Real Estate Practice (45 Hours)
Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays
September 24, 25, 27, October 1, 2, 4, 8, 9 & 11
November 5, 6, 8, 12, 13, 15, 26, 27 & 29
(No class Thanksgiving Week, Nov 19-23)
Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
October 12, 13, 14, 19, 20, 21, 26, 27 & 28
November 30, December 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, 14, 15 & 16
Weeknight Fall classes are held from 5:30 – 10:30 pm., Mon., Tues., and Thurs.
Weeknight Summer classes will be held from 5:30 p.m.-10:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
All Weekend classes are being held on Fridays from 5:30 – 9:30 pm, Saturdays from 9:30 am – 3:30 pm and on Sundays from 12:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m.
On the first night of each course, please arrive between 5:00 – 5:15 pm to register and to complete paperwork.
Real Estate Fundamentals and Real Estate Practice are the two classes required. The cost is – $220 for Fundamentals and $320 for Practice, or a Package Price for both of $500 (Register and pay for both courses together on or before the first course, and receive the $40 discount.) Tuition must be paid in full prior to the start of a class.
To register for pre-licensing courses, please complete the Student Application Course Registration form. The form should be completed in its entirety including name, address and telephone numbers. Students should register early, as class size is limited. Registrations may be mailed, faxed, emailed or telephoned to: Greater Harrisburg REALTORS® Institute 424 N. Enola Drive, Enola, PA 17025 Telephone: 717-364-3205 Fax: 717-364-3206 Email: email@example.com In order to better accommodate your needs, please be sure to notify us in advance, if you have any disability, which will require special auxiliary aids and/or services at this class.
A minimum $50 deposit per course is required to confirm your registration. Deposits are non-refundable, but will be applied to the total course costs. Deposits or full tuition may be paid with check or American Express, MasterCard or Visa. Be sure to clearly print your card number, expiration date and sign your name if you are using a credit card.
The instructor for the Summer evening classes is Ted Stefan. The instructor for the Fall evening classes is Rick Zalek. Kay Hock, Dan Schubert, and Danielle Wadsworth instruct our weekend classes.
What to Bring
Each student is required to have a copy of the current textbook, Modern Real Estate Practice in Pennsylvania. The textbook, used for both Real Estate Fundamentals and Real Estate Practice, is $30 plus tax for GHRI Real Estate Pre-licensing students. (The textbook may also be purchased by non-students at a rate of $40 plus tax.) The textbook will be distributed the first night of class. In addition to the textbook, please bring a pen or pencil, a notebook, a basic function calculator and a highlighter.
Cancellation and Refund Policies
The Greater Harrisburg REALTORS® Institute has adopted the following policies:
- Deposit payments are not refundable, but they are transferable to another date and/or course offered by the school within a six-month period.
- If the school cancels the entire course, the full dollar amount of any payment will be promptly refunded.
- If the school cancels a portion of the course, the unused portion of the tuition may be credited towards a future course or refunded.
- No portion of the tuition will be refunded after beginning class date.
- Reservations must be canceled at least 72 hours in advance of class for a full refund less the deposit.
- Payments to the Greater Harrisburg Association of REALTORS® are not deductible as charitable contributions for Federal Income Tax purposes; however, such payments may be deductible as ordinary and necessary business expenses.
Course Examination Policies
The exam for each course is given at the last class. A student must receive a 70% or better to pass the test. A passing grade for each course is required. If the student does not pass the test the first time, the Institute has adopted the following policies:
- Students may arrange to retake the course examination one additional time at no additional fee by contacting the Institute to arrange a convenient time.
- If a passing grade has not been received after taking the examination two times (once at the end of the course and one retake), the student may pay $25 to retake the test one additional time. The student also has the option of retaking the course for a $75 fee.
- Retaking the course requires 80% attendance from the student.
- After retaking the course, the student will have the opportunity to retake the examination one additional time if not passed the night of the course. (Total of two retakes.) After that, the student must pay full price to attend a future course.
- Convenient times are within normal business hours unless special permission is granted by the School Director.
- All examination retakes must be completed within one year of completion of the course. After retaking the exam, students may review their questions and answers for no longer than 30 minutes.
- Examination retake policies apply to all GHRI pre-licensing students including students attending on a scholarship.
- Scholarships include a one-time $25 examination retake fee. All other additional fees must be paid by the scholarship recipient.
Exam Preparation Resources
Exam Prep Classes (Real Estate License and Broker)
PA Exam Prep- PA State Licensing Law and Rules and Regulations
Friday, from 5:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. – Fall Dates to Be Announced
Cost: GHRI Pre-licensing Student or member: $35; Non-Student $45; Instructor: Ted Stefan, GRI, CSP
National Exam Prep – General Knowledge
Saturday, from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. – Fall Dates to Be Announced
Cost: GHRI Pre-licensing Student or member: $65; Non-Student $75 Instructor: Ted Stefan, GRI, CSP
The text book for both classes is the Modern Real Estate Practice in Pennsylvania, 13th Edition. The book may be purchased for $30 plus tax, or $31.80. Call GHRI at (717) 364-3205 to register for classes. The Greater Harrisburg REALTORS® Institute offers two ways to help you prepare for the State Real Estate exams: Exam Prep Books and Online Preparation Courses. Exam Prep Books:
- Real Estate Exam Preparation-Pennsylvania – $22.00 plus tax ($23.32)
- Questions & Answers to Help You Pass the Real Estate Exam – $33.00 plus tax ($34.98)
- If you buy both books together, we offer them at a discounted price of $45.00 plus tax ($47.70)
- These exam prep books are not required; however, many students find them useful in passing the state exam.
Click here for Exam Prep Class Registration Form. Online Preparation Courses:
- MathMasters – $50
- Pennsylvania Exam Prep – $50
- Online prep courses must be accessed through the links below. Please review the online policies prior to signing up for the course.
Real Estate Accelerator (Training Class For New Licensees)
Classroom instruction – October 15, 17 & 19, 2018, from 9:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., and October 23, 30, November 6 & 13, from 1:00-2:00 p.m.
This is a new class for licensees that are either newly licensed, or have been licensed for two years or less, but are looking to boost their business. This program consists of three classroom instruction days, followed-up by a one-hour coaching mentoring class per week for one hour. At the end of this program, licensees should be able to: Identify critical activities to be successful in real estate sales, calculate how many times a day/week they need to do them to reach their goal, develop a business plan, develop a marketing plan, develop an economic plan, receive a 6 month CRM subscription to IXACT Contact, receive 6 weeks of access to KnowledgeDNA. Cost is $225 per student. Includes course materials. Instructor, Donna Fleetwood, ABR, CRP, GRI. Call (717) 364-3205 to register, or register online at www.ghar.info, under the “Members Only” section.
GHRI through a partnership with an online school offers both the Real Estate Fundamentals and he Real Estate Practice courses and some package pre-licensing options.
Online courses must be completed within 180 days of enrollment. You have 90 days to access and review the course content after you have completed the last lesson in a course. Refund Policy Once you have registered/purchased a course, there are no refunds. Please make sure you have read all of the necessary information before making your purchase.
Course Final Exams
Once you have completed the online course material you are required to take an in-person final exam. There is a final exam for each Real Estate Fundamentals and Real Estate Practice. You will receive an email with instructions on how to schedule your exam and where to take your exam. The final exam must be completed within 90 days of course completion. You need a 70% or better to pass the exam. Upon successful completion of both of the final exams, please visit PSI online for step-by-step instructions for scheduling your state licensing exams. Click here to be taken to the CareerWebSchool Online Prelicensing info page. Click here to be taken to The CE Shop Online Prelicensing info page.
Administrative and Instructional Support
If you have questions or concerns about course content, please contact the Greater Harrisburg REALTORS® Institute by phone at 717-364-3205 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MathMasters – Your key to acing the math portion of the real estate exam. Conquer that fear you have always had of real estate math. MathMasters offers real estate math problems often found on your exam and provides you with clear and concise explanations. These math tips will also be helpful in your career in real estate. Master real estate mathematics with ease! Pennsylvania Exam Prep – Prepare for the state licensing exam with the only mastery and fluency based exam prep system in the market. It is designed to help you maximize your study time and retain the most important information for exam day. This exam prep includes 6 mastery and fluency based testing lessons and 6 exams both covering hundreds of questions on national and state level content. The program is professionally designed to give you an interactive learning experience that will help prepare you to pass the state licensing exam!
Click here for pre-licensing registration form.