To be the chosen partner and ultimate resource for our members.
Respect, Integrity, Community, Inclusion, and Accountability.
The mission of the Greater Harrisburg Association of REALTORS® is to serve real estate professionals through a commitment to promote ethical and competent real estate practices, to support the preservation of real property rights, to provide leadership in adapting to advances in the industry, and to enhance each member’s opportunity for success.
- Increase member contributions to RPAC to at least 30% participation.
- Increase member awareness of our fight to protect property rights.
- Collaborate with organizations having mutual interest.
- Support the efforts of GHAR’s GAD through member engagement.
- Monitor state and national efforts and leverage resources.
- Support REALTOR® party champions.
- Promote equal opportunity and fair housing.
- Deliver value to members and brokers.
- Improve member awareness of the value, benefits and service of GHAR.
- Improve functionality of communications to deliver more value.
- Use varied technology in our communications.
- Increase and retain members.
- expand value for commercial brokers and agents.
- Continue involvement and oversight of Bright MLS.
- Find ways to engage with all members.
- Collaborate with community organizations.
- Increase awareness of the Foundation to members.
- Increase public awareness of the Foundation and the REALTOR® community.
- Encourage the Foundation to set annual goals and report to GHAR Board of Directors.
- Develop an annual Outreach Impact Statement.
- Increase involvement in REALTORS® Reach Out.
- Increase awareness of scholarships.
- Take advantage of grants.
- Continue the Thanksgiving Food Drive, School Backpacks and other donation drives.
- Identify and serve underserved community organizations.
- Identify member needs, increasing broker and designation offerings.
- Create a master calendar of education.
- Create educational broker track path for brokers.
- Continue to evaluate course offerings.
- Provide education through, with and for affiliate members.
- Create a Certificate of Excellence program such as Local Expert.
- Offer relevant trending info sessions.
- Prepare members to work in diverse markets.
- Educate the public about careers in the entire real estate industry.
- Maintain good governance and sustainable operations.
- Invest in technology to improve member communications.
- Maximize the purposes and revenue of the office building.
- Identify future leaders.
- Promote the growth and professional development of staff.
- Explore creation of a board and committee portal.
- Increase and enhance sponsor opportunities.
- Increase diversity in association leadership.